Let it Snow, let it snow, while you shop!
Whether you are ready for winter or not, it’s coming! Maybe you are attending a holiday party, dressing for work, or just are having a girl’s day shopping, I have your go-to guide for this year’s essential looks for staying warm and looking fashionable!
OUT AND ABOUT: FROM ERRANDS TO A HOLIDAY PARTY
For some reason, on the first few days that it’s really cold out, I’m bundled like I live in the arctic tundra. Give me a week and I’m rocking a long sleeve and vest to do my errands. My look couldn’t be complete without a fun winter hat and mittens! What’s great about this is that it can be completely transformed based on where you are going! From running errands, you can switch for a girl’s lunch by changing from a snow hat to a floppy hat. It’s so easy and it dresses up the entire look! Heading to a holiday party? Maybe a fur vest fits your fancy. Go ahead, add the pearls. You know you want to! Check out some of my favorite looks! The picture on the right is my personal attire.
Essential Pieces for these looks:
- Vest: J.Crew Inspired vest from Old Navy, only $29 and H&M Fur Vest $39
- Button Up: Forever 21 for $19 or this fun print from Old Navy for $25
- Over Sweater: H&M’s Turtleneck for $30 or Forever 21’s Fancy Faux for $38
- Blouse: Target Tie Blouse $23 and Tie Blouse by Ann Taylor Loft $50
- Snow Hat: Old Navy’s for $12 or this fun version here for $14
- Floppy Hat: Dottie Couture Boutique’s floppy hat for $36 is adorable!
My office is extremely cold due to the building I work in being very old. I am always bundled up! The best way to stay warm for winter is to do layered pieces. For office attire, I stick to basic pieces and then add a pop of color through my accessories. Lipstick is an included accessory in my book!
- Overcoat: Coat by Steve Madden $99 or Tweed Coat, Old Navy $38
- Patterned Sweater: Ann Taylor Loft Sweater $54 or this adorable Polka Dot version by the Limited $29…This is too cute for words!
- Ankle Booties: Love these Black ones by Guess $59
- Blazer: Loving Nordstroms Red version for $48 or this Gray Pleat by H&M, $49
- Skirt: The Limited’s Version has many colors, $59
Britt tip: Accessories to incorporate color into would be shoes, belts, handbags, a watch, or a silk scarf!
Parties, parties parties! Another reason to find something festive! These are a few of my favorite looks from less dressy to full glam!
The first example just proves you don’t have to wear something drastic to be fancy. All black goes a long way. I love the chic look of her hair up in a bun, paired with the red lip. Try Mac’s ‘Mac Red’ Lipstick, $16 for the perfect shade of red. The second look has a pop of flare without going overboard. The skirt makes a statement and would be perfect for a party with your friends. Check out Buckle’s Version of the Black Sequin Skirt for $20. The last and final look is a great option for a New Year’s Eve Party. I love the black sequins for this dress. It’s simple and feminine! You can find this exact dress at Lulu’s for only $49!
If you are in need of a accessory inspiration, I uploaded this picture on my Instagram @brittbehindthescenes to show off a few of my favorite pieces for the Holidays.
- Shoes: DSW
- Clutch: Target
- Necklace: Charming Charlies
- Lipstick: MAC’s ‘Mac Red’ Lipstick, $16
- OPI Nail Polish in ‘Apple Red’
Until next time!
Make sure to follow my instagram for blog postings and other fun updates!
Email me for direct business inquiries: email@example.com